Translate

Thursday, November 27, 2014

A Special Thanksgiving Message

Happy Thanksgiving to my Team and our guests,

While others are already shoving the Black Friday offers down your throats, I like to do things a little differently.

Just like I don't like to have "Christmas Sales", preferring to celebrate the 12 days of Christmas by giving away stuff...  I decided to do that for Thanksgiving this year, too.  I recently had a bad health scare.  Believe me I'm feeling very, very thankful and blessed to be here.

So I have some thoughts and gifts for you today.  They're automatically yours -- in case you're having today "off".

I remember many years ago, I read some words on a plaque...


"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."
~Reinhold Neibhur

These words, written by an American Theologian have stuck with me and especially on Thanksgiving they come to my remembrance. 

Another quote from the Holy Scripture that comes to mind when I think about Thanksgiving is this:

"Give thanks in all circumstances: for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus"
~ 1 Thessalonians 5:18

We get anxious over our businesses, little and big aggravations that come our way, but the fact that you are alive and reading these words is enough to be grateful for.  Being grateful is a sign that you appreciate life and that you have the capacity to enjoy more from life.

I wanted to take this chance to tell you how thankful I am for you.
Without you, I wouldn't be the person I am today, and I wouldn’t have the growing business or the great team that I have today.

Thank you for your loyalty and your trust.   

Below are your "gifts"

Best wishes for a VERY successful rest of the year!
Talk soon,
Gerry

GIFT #1:
     Use these tonight around the Thanksgiving Table to get everyone "talking turkey" and groaning over more than being stuffed....   or let them be your Thanksgiving Leftovers -- share with everyone!

What happened when the turkey got into a fight?
A. He got the stuffing knocked out of him.

What did the Baby corn say to the Mama corn?
A. Wheres Pop corn?

Why was Turkey arrested?
A. He was suspected of fowl play.

What are unhappy cranberries called?
A. “Blue”berries.

What's Turkey's ringtone?
A. Wing, Wing.

What make car do Pilgrims drive?
A. Plymouths.

The Turkey's favorite dessert?
A. Peach Gobbler.

When is the ONLY time Christmas comes before Thanksgiving?
A. When in the dictionary.

What does the turkey need in order to drink wine?
A. A Gobble-et.

Why are cranberries red?
A. They saw the turkey dressing!

What do turkey's clean with?
A. Feather dusters.

Why does the pie need a dentist?
A. It requires a filling.

What kind of music accompanied the First Thanksgiving?
A. Plymouth ROCK!

Why would potatoes make good detectives?
A. They keep their “eyes” peeled.
How many cooks does it take to stuff a turkey?
A. Only one, but you'll really have to squeeze him in!

GIFT #2:

Get as many "hits" as you can each day...  they will be added to your base "gift":   THIS SUNDAY ONLY in honor of Thanksgiving:  1000 Hits from Gerry.

That's right - EVERYONE will receive a gift of 1000 hits and what you've built through the week will be added to the 1000 to determine your final "position".   Yes!  This means that EVERY TEAM MEMBER will be eligible for sign ups during the week of November 30th through December 7th.

God Bless






No comments: